Tuesday, June 4, 2013

RA Tip Tuesday

When you have an autoimmune disease like RA, you learn to adapt to new and easier ways of doing things. For each person these ways are a little different. Here are some things that have helped me:

1. The Pampered Chef Jar Opener
     This nice little tool was introduced to me by a family friend, and my goodness is it helpful! I use it to open every jar, and even the milk jug. It has these tiny little teeth on either side that can pretty much grab any kind of lid. The best part is its only $11.50! I can't live with out this one!


2. Office Max Medical Stool
       This stool is a little on the expensive side, but for me it has been money very well spent. It costs about $100, and J got it online from Office Max. I need both of my knees replaced, and can't walk at all. The doorways in my house are too narrow for the wheelchair to fit. So, J bought me this stool to scoot around the house with. Even if you can walk, this is super helpful, and can save anyone with RA some energy. Use it in the kitchen to rest while cooking, or in the laundry room to sit while folding laundry. This stool is made very well and sturdy. I know I will contunue to use it even after my surgeries!



No comments:

Post a Comment