Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Juice

In my family "Getting the Juice" means getting the whole story about someone or something. So here's "the Juice" on me: I'm Amanda! I have always been part of a creative and productive family. I spent my childhood growing up mostly in my mother's flower shop. There was ALWAYS something going on; a wedding, funeral, a birthday, graduation, or new baby arrangements were always being made. As I grew I was taught the tough life lessons. "Life is short", "Work hard to play hard", "Family is everything", and "Treat others how you'd like to be treated." Now I am 31 years old. I have a blessed life. I have a loving husband (J), and the most adorable little 4-year-old girl!(we call her Muffin) I also have my faith that keeps me sane, and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. When I was 29, I woke up in bed and I could NOT move. I needed help from my husband just to sit up. Immediately I thought ...RA. I had watched my Grandfather and Mother struggle with this disease for years. I instantly knew what was happening to me. It's been 2 years since that morning. I have been through some serious life changes, and I have been able to add to those life lessons I learned as a kid. The most important lesson being, "Don't take anything for granted." This is the reason I started this blog. I want to share the lessons I have learned "hobbling" through my new life with RA. I want to show that if I can do it with a disability, so can you! I want to uplift and inspire and share my talents with you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of your life. Lets "hobble" through life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment